Fire And Water Damage Intertwine More Than You Think
There is no doubt that water damage can affect any home or business. Therefore, you want to get it fixed cleaned right away. Fortunately, you have come to the right contractors to return your property to predamaged conditions ASAP.
Why The Fire Restoration Team is Also the Top Water Damage Group of Experts?
TFRT contractors work to on arriving and resolving as much of the damage on the very day you call. Contact us as we are not only the top fire restoration pros, we also handle water damage in an efficient manner. However, if you want a little more information about the restoration process, we are happy to provide a professional perspective to some FAQs.
What is This Emergency Response Service?
Water mitigation involves a two part process: removal and drying. Since water is used to extinguish fires, water damage and flooding is inevitable. In fact, most challenges associated with water come can be traced to a fire restoration job. This includes metallic surfaces rusting, microbial growth, and the deterioration of structural components such as girders. On top of this, keep in mind that smoke odor originating from water can penetrate into porous material (ie holes or crevices that develop in surfaces that can cause liquids to penetrate the object as a whole.
On scenes where water has been used to extinguish the fire, the water will migrate through structure and wet building materials. During this process, water becomes contaminated with innumerable materials.
Excess standing water should be extracted thoroughly. Some buildings are so full of water that special pumps are required to remove standing water. Where possible, what services should be treated with a broad spectrum, government hyphen registered disinfected to control the growth of microorganisms. All personnel should follow label directions when using EPA registered products. Dehumidification is set up within the water damage areas depending on power availability and type of drying equipment available supplemental electrical power source may be necessary.
What are the Most Common Causes?
Water damage is most commonly caused by these factors and many others.:
- pipe leaks
- flash floods
- appliances such as refrigerators (thanks in part to a blocked defrost drain)
- toilet clogs
- AC soaking, sump pump malfunction,
- bursted pipes from extreme temperatures
- pressurized washing machines
- a jammed garbage disposal
- clogged drain pipes
Here is How We Restore Your Property With Four Principles
- We will take all prudent & reasonable steps necessary to protect, preserve, & secure everything in your home or commercial property from any further damage through proper mitigation procedures.
- Drain excess water by including mopping or soaking up moisture from surfaces, tiles, etc., especially if the water source is overhead.
- This includes standing water that is many times the breeding ground for pests like mosquitoes in the summer time.
- Most cases, we use more sophisticated techniques and equipment to include immersible pumps or specially designed, heavy-duty (truck-mounted) wet pick-up vacuuming equipment.
- We will remove water through extraction first as it is 500 times faster to remove it than through evaporation. This will be implemented in our clean up when we have less water buildup.
- Once moisture is removed, technicians change water from a liquid to a vapor by increasing the rate of evaporation in order to speed up drying.
- Air moving equipment is used during this process.
- Once moisture is evaporated from structural materials & contents into the air, it is removed through dehumidification if substantial secondary damage, along with significant hazard is to be avoided.
- Since warmer air can contain more humidity than cooler air, it is vital that evaporation & dehumidification capabilities are greatly increased by controlling the temperature in a confined environment,
- Thus temperature modification and control become an important basic principle for restorative drying.
Can I Do It Myself or Do I Need Contractors?
It may sound cliche & biast, but here us out as we have seen people attempt to the work themselves. In the end, they ended up spending 3x more amount of money that they would have spent on a restoration team. When in doubt, leave this to the professionals.
Hazards such as exposure to black water, electrical shorts, shards of glass, and toxic odors are just a few of the problems you may encounter & possibly get seriously injured if you attempt to perform the clean up.
How Bad Can Water Damage Be?
When left untreated, there are all sorts of health consequences that can develop. Firstly, like fire damage, immediate respiratory conditions and allergies can develop such as shortness in breath as a result of excessive levels of moisture present in the area. Therefore, this can later develop into poor air quality, which then leads occupants to develop possible chronic illnesses.
Secondly, property damage can go beyond irreparable when no restoration is implemented on a damaged/flooded property. Such actions can deteriorate structural material. Mold can start to grow uncontrollably. Therefore, avoid these problems from happening by making sure you contact The Fire Restoration Team.
Can It Be Hard to Detect at Times?
There are clues that can reveal a subtle case of water damage. We at TFRT are trained to detect these signs. However, you too can find out if your property needs restoration by searching for black mold, sniffing out pungent smells such as mildew, & noticing water spots on ceilings or on surfaces where there are pipes running across inside.